Inside Zedekiah’s Cave
Inside Zedekiah’s Cave: PEACE AND QUIET GUARANTEED.
It’s a very large cave with galeries diving deep under the city walls. That’s how Sedecias, king of Judee, escaped, according to a legend. It’s also where king Solomon had the stones carved fo the construction of the temple.
No special architecture, just galeries.
Zedekiah’s Cave is good when:
– You want some piece and quiet for half an hour, just to get away from the busy streets.
– It’s really hot and you fancy a cool place.
– You don’t have much money and you still want to visit a tourist “landmark” for less than 10NIS.
Zedekiah’s Cave is bad when:
– You’re claustrophobic, because there is little light and you’ll probably be there alone as hardly anyone visits it.
– You don’t have the proper shoes on, cause the stones are slipery and sometimes wet.